Wednesday, February 3, 2016

The Most Valuable Thing Ep2



Oya is deleting our drawing
“Don’t tell that the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon”

Meet again for my second entry about my kids. As usual last Sunday, I’d been going to my favourite class at Masjid Saidina Abu Bakar, Bangsar. I’ve been out early since I want to attend the class that started on 8.30 a.m. I’ve been wake up early to cook nasi goreng since the session today gonna be longer. Before get going, I’d printed out an article that I’ve been prepared for Yusof. It wan an article from Dewan Bahasa Megazine titled 2012 Tahun Bencana. It’s quite tough for Yusof I think since the words there such a bombastic and new words for Yusof. But I will make sure that Yusof gonna be understand it with my lead. In my opinion Yusof had been exposed to this since he can doing good in any task that Kak Mim had been given.

When I arrived, there’re Ain and Kak Mim and one students that I didn’t met in last week’s class. When I ask him, siapa nama ni? He was smiling again and again. He didn’t answer me. Such a malu malu boy. Never mind, lets look later on. Kak Mim said his name was aqil. The last week boy was aqeel. Okay, let’s met this aqil first, on the next session im gonna met with the last week aqeel and others. Then Amirul was arrived. He didn’t brought his spec. Kak Mim asked me to moniter him whether he can see the whiteboard or not. Fortunate, he can see it. Don’t forget to bring your spec next time Amirul. As usual Amirul doing well. He did typing the question on the whiteboard and count it.

Then Janna was arrived. Last week I didn’t met this girl. I knew Janna from The Wonderful of Janna FB. I read all the stories and activities that had been updated there. From my perspective, Janna might be the very good, bright and also an independent girl. It was right after approached her. She can spell all the words that had been read by Ain correctly. She also can count well. I’d see her being an independent girl when she tend to pack his laptop’s wire at the end of the session. She’s so good. I believe that one day she manage to overcome any obstacles do coming in her life with her wonderful spirit. Now let’s move to Yusof. At first, I ask  about his homework that I’ve been given to him last week and I ask him, ‘Yusof dah siap kerja rumah minggu lepas belum?’ He said dah and nodded. He was good right. Then I was given by Kak Mim a catalogue of Giant, there’s a lot of stuff in hypermarket, I have to create question from that catalogue. I create some question and discuss it with Yusof one by one. I think he manage to understand it well and he do enjoyed it since he can see the stuff’s visual such as Snickers chocolate and etc in the catalogue. Then I left some homework for him and remind her to do it. He nodded and move his body. Now it was the time for me to read the article that I had been prepared. I do explain one by one to him like last week. Since I didn’t want him to get bored, every words I put up some stories and drawing on the small whiteboard. Guess what Yusof knew what is tsunami. ‘ When I ask Yusof tau tak tsunami tu apa, ’ he do move his body and said banjir. Such a wow. He always over than expected.

 At the same time I’ve been storied to Yusof, the malu malu Aqil kept on calling me and ask me question, ‘kakak ni ni’ when i go to him, did together, he can do it well. He did want attention from me according to Kak Mim since he saw me sit next to Yusof and kept doing the task and reading together with Yusof. I also can see sometime Janna not focusing on her work and listening to my reading with Yusof. So that, I move Yusof a bit further from the others.

For Aqil, I can see that he can count by congak. At one question 5+2=7,the next question below the question Is 2+5=7. Even though the answer is same but the question is differ. He did type on his laptop both question with 5+2=7. I predicted that he can recognized that they’re two question that almost same. Its good work Aqil. Its showed that you can imagined something well in your mind. I do wait that you can created something new when you grow up. Aqil remind me on  3 Idiots film. J That film make me realized that all people have a chances to create something no matter what condition they have. The main character there was disable kid with Autism. He manage to open up an academy at the end of the story. I believe one day, not only Aqil, but all kids here able to be success one day with the help from parents and also society. Let’s together pray for that.

The next session, I’ve been started with Harith, I do the same method like last week, focus  training, once I finished with him, Kak mim asked me to monitored Oya and Nina altogether. They’re given cards with picture and the name, they have to type it on the laptop and Ipad.  Nina speak well to me this time. Such a talkative girl. No malu malu anymore. Once I saw them lose focus I’d been saying that kalau siap cepat kita main lukis lukis, and then they started to focus again and again. Such a good method I bet haha. After they’re done as promises, im drawing and story to them. This time Harith also join me. I ask them one by one. Okay Oya nak lukis apa? Oya said rantai. So I drew it for her. Then we talk about rantai. Move to nina, Nina want to draw bunga, and Harith want car. We keep interact to each other well. As for last week I just can hear Nina and lima from Nina but this time I can heard a lot.She do tell me that kampung Nina dekat Kelantan,she do told me that Nina nak lukis gambar orang pergi kedai and many more. I can’t remember all because it was a lot. J Im glad that she’s started to comfort with me this week. After drawing and story session, I do teach them an ABC and also counting. Singging altogether. They seems enjoy it. Alhamdulillah.
Then move to the next session, in this session, there was Iki, Sarah, Syahmi and Ariff. At firstb session I started with Ariff. We started on sorting colors. Ariff manage to lift it on himself and put it at the right position. I told him to finished it, only then we can played. Then I move to Sarah. Sarah can count well when I ask he to count how many chicken how many ball. She’s also such a talkative girl. When I going back to Ariff, he was finished his task. So fast. He understand me well. Then I took a tablet and teach Ariff to scrolling on the tablet. As expected, he’s doing well. After learning activities, we’re playing ball together. They’re enjoyed it so much even though some couldn’t took the ball, but they move their hands, legs and  body. It showed that they’re want to take part and took the ball. Its good indeed! I love everytime I do spent time with them. I do really learnt a lot. Thanks all my dear and also Kak Mim that do lead me very very well. I really hope that I am given more time to spent with them. Im surely busy when my sem is going to start, but I promise to myself to spare my Sunday with them. Their love and attention mean a lot to me. Last but not least, all the good things comes from Allah the almighty and the bad things comes from my own self. It will be a pleasure to share my love with my kids. J
Here is Nina with her drawing

Nina also drawing this

Okay this is Baju Oya



“Disability is a matter of perception. If you can do just one thing well, you’re needed by someone”

No comments:

Post a Comment